Tuesday, December 17, 2013

AUSTRALIA - LAKE MACQUARIE - POURMALONG CREEK - KAYAK - 17 DECEMBER 2013

A hot sunny day.


I drove to Pourmalong Creek for a kayak. The creek runs into Lake Macquarie near Morriset.

I turned into Silky Oak Road, which is a private road leading to Morriset Psychiatric Hospital. Just after the bridge there is public access road - Eucalyptus Drive. There is plenty of parking and access to the lake.

I paddled north and turned into Pourmalong Creek. It was very quiet (except for the cicadas) and clean. Highlights included - a low bridge, kangaroos along the creek bank, eagle and other birds, fish and submerged and semi submerged logs that made for a good obstacle course.

The GPS map wasn't quite right on the end part of the paddle for some reason.

distance - 8.1 km
time - 1 hr 38 mins
av speed - 5.1 km/h


No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...