Sunday, October 27, 2013

CENTRAL COAST - AVOCA LAGOON - KAYAK - 27 october 2013


I was going to sell my other kayak but lucky I didn't. my wife decided that she was going to have a go. She had been kayaking before but not for a long time.

We were up early, packed the gear in the van and drove to the scout hall at Avoca Lagoon.

There was little wind, heaps of birdlife, no one else on the lagoon. it was very peaceful.




We did get stuck in the shallow mud at one stage as the lagoon water level was low. I pulled both kayaks to deeper water.

Stats

distance - 2.91 km
time - 1hr 11 minutes
average speed - 2.5 km/h
max speed - 5.2 km/h

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...