Thursday, May 30, 2013

CENTRAL COAST - BRISBANE WATER NP - 'THE QUARRY' - MTB - 26 May 2013

A beautiful sunny and warm day. Perfect for a surf but my foot is recovering from an injury so how about a bike ride.


The Quarry at Brisbane Waters National Park seemed like a good option. I parked just down from Staples Lookout where the speed camera is on Woy Woy Road.

The ground was damp and puddles of water littered the service road. Interestingly, the CES were out testing their vehicles in the quarry. They pushed them through some rough terrain.

 
I zig-zagged my way around the quarry, managing to get my shoes soaked, mud flicked all over me and one stack - fun!

I followed some of the other service roads but after the quarry I wasn't in the mood for them.

Every time I go there it seems slightly different and the large pools of water are a different colour.

 
distance      - 7.92 km
time            - 49 minutes
av speed     - 9.6 km/h
max speed  - 32.1 km/h

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...