Saturday, March 16, 2013

CENTRAL COAST - WYONG RIVER - KAYAK - 16 march 2013

I've done the Wyong River before but lately there had been a lot of rain so how has it changed..



I parked at Woodbury park off Old Maitland Road at Alison near Wyong.

It was a bit of a steep descent to the river with deep muddy clay on the edge of the banks. The water was brown and smelled of clay.

The river had changed a lot as it was much more narrower and steeper. The banks had caved in bringing with them trees and bushes. The navigation was hard around, through, over and under these obstacles but heaps of fun and challenging.

I didn't get too far as it became too difficult to pass.

On the way, there were birds, lizards and even a fox.

distance       4.26 km
time             1 h 6mins
av speed      3.8 km/h
max speed   9.7 km/h

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...