Monday, February 18, 2013

CENTRAL COAST - BRISBANE WATER - FAGANS BAY - KAYAK - 17 february 2013



I paked at Gosford waterfront and paddled across to the railway bridge and under. From there, I followed the channels to the far end of Fagans Bay, went under a footbridge and followed the channel for a short distance before it ended.

The paddle was mainly in glassy conditions but on the return leg the wind was up once I passed under the railway bridge.

It was interesteing following the channels with fish jumping and scurying away from my approach. there were a number of birds but due to the shallowness of the water I couldn't get close enough for a good picture.

The bridges were cool to go under. Thee were three on this paddle.

I must remember to check the go pro for fogging!

distance  6.6 km
av speed 6.6 km/hr
time        1h 32mins


No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...