Sunday, November 18, 2012

AUSTRALIA - Red Ochre, Hawks Nest, Myall Lakes NP, Treachery - 12 november 2012


A promising day with reasonable waves at Wamberal beach.

The video above is of the 4 day trip

Red Ochre Beach
I drove to Red Ochre Beach. The surf was bit messy. Onward!

Hawks Nest
The waters between Tea Gardens and Hawks Nest looked very serene.  I drove on to Bennett Beach which was very messy due to howling north east wind.

Hole in the Wall
Hole in the Wall wasn’t looking too bad but the tide was too high for waves to be breaking. I decided to come back later. I came back later but the wind had increased and the place was a mess.

Mungo Brush
I went on a bike ride along rainforest and tamboi trails. The rainforest ride was up and down with tree roots and low branches. I went over hard on one occasion. I returned via the road and then followed the tomboy trail. This was flatter with some fun bumps on the cabbage palm lined trail. It ended at tamboi fishing village

 
Distance               8.61 km
Time                      0:50
Av speed             11.2 kph
Elevation gain    10 m

 
After lunch, I crossed in the car ferry at Bombah Point and drove on to Treachery.

Treachery
The surf was bigger but the inside wave was just dumping and the outside wave was a short right going left… not very inspiring!
I cycled out to the headland. The track was narrow and thick with vegetation in sections. The view from the headland was excellent.



Distance               3.17km
Time                      0:34
Av speed             5.45kph

Met two guys who knew Ross and Tony in Tathra. Small world!
I walked along the sand dunes and beach at sunset.  A good way to end the day!
Camping: $14pp

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...