Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Indonesia - Bali - Legian - 21 to 22 May 2011



Saturday 21 May 2011 – Padangbai and Legian – sun

I had an early walk to Bias Tugal beach. The new hotel at the top didn’t eventuate but it has left a scar of bulldozed terrace landscape with quarter finished buildings. The beach and the warungs lining it are still the same. I was early so no one else was there a swim under these conditions was excellent.

I walked back, had breakfast got ready and Nyoman arrived.

We drove to Legian and I arranged an airport pick up for Sunday. I stayed at the Kumala Hotel.

I wandered around and did a bit of shopping which finished on the beach having a few beers and watching a drum performance at sunset.

Sunday 22 May 2011 - Legian – sun

A wandering shopping day today. I bought DVDs, sunglasses, hats, scarves, bed cover, sit hammock and cds. In between this I had a hot stone massage.

I went down the beach for sunset and watched the world while having a few beers, then dinner.  I heard jazz music coming from the cocoon so I spent the last few hours in a classy bar sitting on a lounge by the pool of  the ever changing colours. The music was a fittin end to the trip.

Nyoman was there to take me to the airport. His son and wife were also with him. It was nice to meet the family.

The red tape at airport was quick and painless but the flight wasn’t. I am always amazed how people sleep on a plane. I was awake all night. I arrived at Sydney stuffed but customs was quick and before I knew it I was on a shuttle bus fast asleep and on my way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...