Thursday, June 10, 2010

Indonesia - Ekas Lombok to Medewi Bali - May 2010

The surf was looking its best this morning. I just didn’t have time as I needed to sort out my bill and drive to the airport at Mataram for my flight to Bali.


I pay my bill, said my farewells and arrived at Mataram half hour earlier than I expected. The drive was great, especially, when we passed through a market in pone town. The traffic slowed and it was very interesting sitting on the inside looking out and the daily market happenings.

The check in at the airport was quick but the plane was delayed, it was well over an hour before it finally left. It was a bit annoying as I really did have time for surf.

Nyoman, my driver in Bali was at the domestic airport waiting. We3 stopped at a bakery and continued our journey though cloud and then rain to Medewi. The ride was relatively free of traffic though just at Medewi we experience delays due to a truck and car colliding.

At Medewi, in the pouring rain, I met up with Ross. We stayed at a no name losman with clean cheap rooms amongst a number of families.

Domestic airport to Medewi 400 000 rupiah

Room Medewi 70 000 rupiah

1 comment:

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...